ARTIST – PHAD ART AND PAINTINGS
Dolly Jain (Neetu) a Phad artist from Chittorgarh Rajasthan. 700 old legacy of Phad has its origin from Shahpura near Bhilwara. Phad painting is a type of scroll painting that narrates and elaborates religious stories of local deities and gods.
Phad artists need to be extremely skilled, adhering to techniques taught by a professional or an ancestor. Depending on the complexity, it can take
a few weeks to a few months to complete an artwork.
Working with Phad, she has also mastered some other paintings such as Pichwai paintings, miniature artwork, ragini, realistic art, modern art and many more.
Dolly is a freelance artist and operates a page on social media sites such as Facebook, Instagram by name Kalabhoomi where she teaches art and even takes projects related to art and paintings. Over the years she has been a part of many
workshops and exhibitions, the significant ones to mention are:
• Workshop with SPIC MACAY in Bikaner, Bhilwara, Chittorgarh etc.
• Workshop with Meraki in Bengaluru.
• Done an exhibition and live workshop in Nehru Centre, Mumbai.
• 3 days exhibition in Mewar girls college, Chittorgarh.
• Successfully completed 8 days' workshop with Tatvam in Ahmedabad.
• Have had 8 online workshops with Sacred Roots by Harvinder.
• Also had 3 months online course workshop with Arthub.
Her ambition is to do workshops and exhibitions at the National gallery of modern art and Jahangir art gallery Mumbai.
Dolly also enjoys cooking and listening to music. She says "I have a great passion for travelling and has seen whole India with an artistic view. I love nature and believe nature in God and even one must take care of it".
I also like to do social work like donating for girl’s education, raising awareness against female foeticide and child labour.